No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
“Active Mathematics” is a five-book, five-year secondary maths course aimed at those pupils who should achieve grades A, B and C at GCSE. One pupils’ book and one teacher’s guide is provided for each year.
- Book 1 covers core levels 4, 5 and 6 of the National Curriculum.
- Book 2 covers levels 5, 6 and 7. Between them, the first two books cover all topics in the Common Entrance syllabus.
- Book 3 covers National Curriculum levels 6, 7 and 8.
- Book 4 covers levels 7, 8 and 9.
- Book 5 covers levels 9 and 10.
Explanations are provided to ensure pupils gain a thorough understanding of mathematical principles. Worked examples show how each type of question should be tackled and how it should be laid out. In addition, coursework is integrated into each chapter to enable pupils to apply the maths. All coursework in Books 3 and 4 are of GCSE standard. Finally, graded exercises of various types provide practice of routine skills.