No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Excel in Science is a series of contemporary, bold and attractive books for teaching science at the primary school level. The books place emphasis on active learning of science and provide a wide range of activities to encourage learning. They are attractively laid out, with pictures closely linked to the text so that they are effective and easy for children to follow. Scientific theory is covered thoroughly, with the text carefully worded to make it easy to understand.
The sections related to CCE activities, life skills and values cover all the scholastic and co-scholastic areas mentioned in the NCERT’s CCE Manual. They encourage both individual and group work, including multi-disciplinary activities. They place emphasis on the development of problem-solving skills in students.
The books are accompanied by teacher’s edition and teacher’s manual books.
The key features of the books are:
- A chapter titled ‘Be a Scientist’ that encourages students to use the scientific method (classes 3–5)
- Diagrams and illustrations linked to the text
- Nuggets on scientists and inventors to inspire the students
- Simply worded text for easy understanding
- Life skills, values and CCE activities (scholastic and co-scholastic), tagged for easy identification and listed inside the cover
- Two summative assessment papers
- A glossary of important words