Hans Rosling (Author), Anna Rosling Rönnlund (Author), Ola Rosling (Author)
‘One of the most important books I’ve ever read – an indispensable guide to thinking clearly about the world’ BILL GATES
‘A hopeful book about the potential for human progress when we work off facts rather than our inherent biases’ BARACK OBAMA
The international bestseller, inspiring and revelatory, filled with lively anecdotes and moving stories, Factfulness is an urgent and essential book that will change the way you see the world and make you realize things are better than you thought.
*#1 Sunday Times bestseller * New York Times bestseller * Observer ‘best brainy book of the decade’ * Irish Times bestseller * audiobook bestseller * Guardian bestseller *
About the author (2018)
Hans Rosling was a medical doctor, professor of international health, and renowned public educator. He was an adviser to the World Health Organization and UNICEF and co-founded Médecins sans Frontières in Sweden and the Gapminder Foundation. His TED talks have been viewed more than 35 million times, and he was listed as one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world. Hans died in 2017, having devoted the last years of his life to writing this book.
Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund, Hans’s son and daughter-in-law were co-founders of the Gapminder Foundation, and Ola its director from 2005 to 2007 and from 2010 to the present day. After Google acquired the bubble-chart tool called Trendalyzer, invented and designed by Anna and Ola, Ola became head of Google’s Public Data Team and Anna the team’s senior user experience (UX) designer. They have both received international awards for their work.
- Title Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About The World – And Why Things Are Better Than You Think
- Authors Hans Rosling, Ola Rosling, Anna Rosling Rönnlund
- Publisher Hodder & Stoughton, 2018
- ISBN 1473637481, 9781473637481
- Length of 352 pages
Subjects Business & Economics › Economics › General
- Business & Economics / Economics / General
- Business & Economics / General
- Social Science / Anthropology / Cultural & Social
- Social Science / Popular Culture
- Social Science / Social Classes & Economic Disparity