No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
This popular introduction by a well-known Islamic scholar has been updated and expanded, offering a balanced portrayal of the Qur’an and its place in historic and contemporary Muslim society.
- Features new sections on the Qur’an and its relationship to democracy, science, human rights, and the role of women
- Contains expanded sections on the Qur’an in the life cycle of Muslims, and in Islamic ethics and law
- Incorporates additional images and student features, including a glossary.
- Supported by an accompanying website (available on publication) hosting a range of additional material, including student resources, links to important websites, news stories, and more
- This title is also available as an eTextbook on the CourseSmart platform, as a Wiley Desktop Edition, or via your preferred textbook vendor; eTextbooks offer convenience, enhanced electronic functionality, and flexible pricing options
About the author (2012)
Ingrid Mattson is London and Windsor Chair of Islamic Studies at Huron University College at the University of Western Ontario. She is a recognized Islamic religious and interfaith leader. She has published numerous articles on Islam, travels and lectures widely, and is past President of the Islamic Society of North America.